Friday, August 11, 2006

You be the judge

a few months ago Stripey sent me some beautiful Koigu KPPM, which I knitted into a wee baby surprise cardi for a friend's new baby, and loved the experience so much that I had to buy more, it languished in the stash until yesterday when I decided to make some wee pants, I decided that all of that colour, not broken up by a stitch pattern, was going to be a wee bit overwhelming, hence the black stripes in a merino/silk blend.

When Blaise arrived home from school I asked for her opinion..."they're cute - are the parents hippies?"
"no why?"
"because they are rainbow pants"
" they're KOIGU" (like that explains it)
" I know - I like them - but they are rainbow pants"
"but, they're KOIGU!!!"

so guys can you answer me this...do we get carried away with our love of Koigu KPPM and Noro...is it true that to non-knitters look at us and instead of seeing artful colour blending and the witty use of tone and shade - they see RAINBOW??? are these HIPPY pants ????


and why am I listening to a 15 year old whose style could be neatly summed up as Emo ( that's if I was cruel enough to try and stick a label on her...like "hippy") and the others have absolutely no clue - Maria just left the house in a lime green tweed coat over jeans and Flash thinks everything I make is marvellous ( honey, I can take criticism, just hide the knives first).

It's friday night, hopefully it will be quieter and less eventful than last friday ( I sat in something very wet in the taxi, bought new pants and other bits and bobs, had an amazing Indian dinner - and spent a restless night feeling like I was on speed - as did Flash - those must have been some fresh! chillies in that curry) I'm looking forward to a cool Pinot Gris, and catching up with my husband as he cooks chili con carne, hope you all have a wonderful relaxing weekend.