Sunday, July 01, 2007

and then sometimes you win!

Remeber I was trying to figure out how to finish the secret red thing? I wanted something easy but effective, well I worked it out,some nice garter stitch bands in alternating stripes, and then went to find buttons...I won't bore you with my button finding dramas - you have heard them all before!

Please excuse the picture quality ...
this button was too orange...
this button was too "all about the button"... but this, this is the Goldilocks button - this is the button which is just right, it works with the overall design, but doesn't detract, it is flat enough to be comfortable, but 3-d enough to be interesting.


(shown sideways Left-Right hem -circ)
here you go Ruthanne - you asked for it, a sad pathetic sight indeed, but now that I have dragged it out of it's hiding place I have remembered how much I like that colour...I still have to finish that all in one sideways sweater I ripped out last night, but I think I may be able to alternate between the two.
Excuse my dip into negativity, rugby does tend to annoy me, and Holly went home this morning, I'm so proud of her, but I wish I could see her more often, this "letting them go" thing sucks!
Anyhow, I'm back to normal now, not even a trip to Spotlight managed to wipe the smile off my face, and there is nothing like finally finishing a project!