Saturday, November 05, 2005

thank you

now that we are back to semi-normal on the broadband front, I have some people to thank


a cute postcard from my SP...a kiwi card sent from NZ...can't fathom that one, maybe she has been there on a trip recently! Thank you also for the inspiration in the form of the shade cards and various little booklets, they are sitting on the coffee table, making Flash nervous...every time I say "inspiration" he hears "money"!

Another cute card, this time from Shannon, so sweet, thank you.

Noro Aurora,(very yummy with areas wrapped with silk yarn) Opal Petticoat and Brazil ( a couple of balls of each for christmas socks...wonder if I'll have time) from Angel yarns.


and this from Donna! haven't had much luck yet, but I'm not giving up, I know practice makes perfect. Thank you so much Donna, this really is special.


we went to the markets this morning, bought these beautiful roses, loads of pink gerberas, and some stunning bird of paradise and grasses for the big vases.


hiding amongst the roses is the NZ Naturally Kid et Soie in the form of the Shadow box sock, page 66 of "Knit Socks" by Betsy Lee McCarthy, (and yes I did not want to buy this book because I find it's shape aesthetically displeasing - publishers please note) very luxurious lounging around the house socks...am considering going back for some more of this yarn, it is so yummy to work with that I didn't mind having to frogg it twice!

I have promised Blaise that we will make cupcakes this weekend, these are the ones she came back to me with... from the Martha Stewart websiteI was thinking of something a bit prettier, we will have to compromise...half animal, half flowery. I have soaked some dried cherries in cherry brandy, so I might put those in the pretty cupcakes, and the kids can have plain vanilla, keep everyone happy.

Thank you to everyone at Wollongong snb for making me feel so welcome as always, I have missed SSK, and will do so again next week as we are having a "training" day next saturday at work. My Mama and Holly arrive this friday, I am SO excited, (and not just about the Trelise Cooper designed pjs she is bringing me!)

I am sure there is so much I have left out, and I am sorry if you are one of the people who have emailed me about the patterns, thank you so much for all of your kind words, I will get to all of you soon.

and the big announcement is...

Winner 1 well, we all knew didn't we...it has to be Sharon because in the words of the inimitable "House" she has a small person inside her.

Winner 2 Mary-Helen...Blaise pulled your name out of the hat!

thanks for entering my "soppy comp" as M-H called it - it's pretty obvious that family is number one!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel "-Maya Angelou

okay I'm all soppied out now - watch for the postie!