Friday, June 02, 2006

snippets

Friday evening draws near, cold and rainy - just the way I like it, there is a beef casserole, thick with carrot, tomato and onion -bubbling away in the cast iron pot in the oven, garlic and rosemary bread dough pounding away in the breadmaker, a Marlborough pinot noir waiting for my sweetheart's homecoming.

Gifts in the mail, my parent are now in Ireland - supposed to be holidaying, but I know my Dad will work, I have already received an email intimating such, knowing my Mama she will have booked a week or two at some far-flung place with no internet connection or mobile coverage.
The kidsilk haze arrived today - 2 balls in each of the majestic and dewberry colourways mmmm yummy! as well as the Rowan "Little Treasures"
book (who knows, maybe my wee neice will get something handknitted this winter!) and "Pub knitting" by Rachel Henderson (which Holly will probably borrow)

I don't know what I am going to make with the haze (suggestions anyone?) that is if I ever get anywhere near it, the last domestic knitting I did was the anniversary socks, and they were a wee while ago (please let's forget the Noro Aurora fiasco) That is not to say that I have not been knitting, I have been doing little else - witness...









yes those are roses, and yes I embroidered them.