Sunday, July 31, 2005

Wollongong Stitch n Bitch

A pleasant drive to Wollongong, nice to go for a road trip by myself, knitting was in full swing by the time I arrived, the first person I recognized was Emily, and then her Mum Donna, the creator of the Australia and New Zealand webring, then everyone else came into focus, Ailsa, Donni and Sharon, then Annie, ( the shifty eyed one in pink is me)they were so sweet, everyone just as I expected, but even better in real life! Weird in a way meeting people you don’t know…but you do through their blogs, so I felt very much at home. The venue was big, even though there were heaps of us, we still only filled a quarter of the bar, and next time I am entering the cocktail competition, will use the Qantas points on a room so I don't have to drive!
I 'll be back, hopefully I have some machine knitting knowledge to impart to Donni, and maybe we’ll get an exchange visit to SSK.

Thanks for the hospitality ladies, you rock.
below:
Donna and Emily from front:Ailsa, Sharon, Donni