Sunday, January 09, 2005

Be kind...

Some days I spend an hour emailing various friends and relations, to ensure a kind of continuity while we are away ( don't forget meeeee!) and while I have been a lady of leisure this has been great; however changes are afoot, and with the New Year comes the spectre of full time employment, so I needed a solution, how to update everyone, without constant email...I think this may be the answer, it is worth a go.

I have been playing with T-shirt transfers over the past couple of days, have made 2 t-shirts so far, and a calico bag for my knitting gear. One top has "knitterati" in a cute font, in blue, the other has "Jose's "Stitch & Bitch" was a great success" with the my profile picture, both on white Ts. The bag has a black and white knitting mermaid, with "knitting diva" in black. They must look good because the teenagers are starting to gather around in an interested fashion...oooh scarey! I have started hand knitting again, I found a beautiful scarf in a Vogue knitting magazine, basically a chain of roses in different sizes and colours, it is made with yarn that will not go through the machine, and I had to have it, so bought cheapo yarn to practice...as it has been 10 years since I last handknitted a garment, and all is going well, hopefully by the end of the week I can pop into the gorgeous Champion textiles store in King Street, and buy the beautiful yarn. I had been meaning to start handknitting again, to add interest to the machine knitted garments, but the force was not with me, the knitting room was at first a storage room ( try moving a 4 bedroom home into a 3 bedroom apartment) and when we had finally organised the space so that I could set up the machine, the shelving unit broke and unloaded itself all over the machine...it took me 2 weeks to gather the courage to check the damage...but a little ribber adjustment was all that was required, Flash came to my rescue and magicked away most of the junk, so finally, after 3 months I can start again. I gave away sackfuls of yarn when I left, I have just 6 cones, and I can feel that stash building bug starting...

As the Hollymonster is still with us for a couple of weeks, before she goes back to begin her grown-up life at Auckland University, we are taking a roadie to Wollongong today...why??? why indeed, but Flash has decreed it, so we will follow...