Tuesday, January 25, 2005

cruisy tuesday

Embrace is finished, ( as modelled by Charlotte) I am really happy with the way it turned out, it was an unusual design, and it worked! It sits beautifully, and will work really well with a jacket or coat.

Next project is underway, a machine-knit ballet cardi for Charlotte using the last of the pink industrial angora plied 3x. I don't have too much left and was hoping she would want short sleeves...of course NOT, so I will forge ahead, and if the worst comes to the worst I have a ball of it plied 2x, so I could do lace for the arms in 2 ply, and call it a design feature ;-)

The pattern was generated using my evaluation copy of the Knitware sweater design software, this is the first garment I have knitted using this software, and is working out fine, have had to make a few adjustments, but that is to surface design, as have put a row of picot holes above the hem, to thread satin ribbon thru ( not sure as to colour yet). The software did not have a wrap-over style cardi, so have printed the v-neck cardi, and then written all over the full-page schematic of the back ( as to make wrap-over cardi fronts, you basically start with a back, and decrease from one side) the software includes a great magic formula calculator, so I didn't need to fry my brain too much working out the decreases. I can see that this software would make life a lot easier when working out sizing, and making straight forward sweaters and cardis, there are a lot of options, and it works for hand-knit and crochet as well.

Nothing exceptional to report at home, had a flurry of emails yesterday trying to work out dates that my Mum can come over and sit with the girls while Flash and I go to Singapore, all sorted now,she will do the full week, I am so lucky to have her, she has such a full-on job of her own, and she is willing to give up a week and come over here, as well as the fact that they have taken Holly and Horse ( the wondercat) into their home.

I have not been to the gym in 10 days ( I do not have any excuses, it is just upstairs) feel free to berate me, I deserve it.